A Great Trip Needs An Extraordinary Destination ...Hallo Bay? ABSOLUTELY

Sunday, December 27, 2009

Quotes: Winter and Nature Year End Musings...

"I go to nature to be soothed and healed, and to have my senses put in order." ~John Burroughs

"Nature will bear the closest inspection. She invites us to lay our eye level with her smallest leaf, and take an insect view of its plain."
~Henry David Thoreau

"In some mysterious way woods have never seemed to me to be static things. In physical terms, I move through them; yet in metaphysical ones, they seem to move through me."
~John Fowles

"If one way be better than another, that you may be sure is Nature's way."
~Aristotle

"Hear! hear!" screamed the jay from a neighboring tree, where I had heard a tittering for some time, "winter has a concentrated and nutty kernel, if you know where to look for it."
~Henry David Thoreau

No comments:

Post a Comment