A Great Trip Needs An Extraordinary Destination ...Hallo Bay? ABSOLUTELY

Saturday, May 23, 2009

Saturday afternoon...


Only critter around Camp the past few days is a golden crowned sparrow, who sings to us all day long. The same three notes. He's the happiest bird in Alaska! He sings in the sunshine, the rain and the wind. We would feel lost without him. -- Fannie and I (Morty) took an awesome walk this morning following the creek to see if we could find the beginning, but it went underground on us. We followed a trail to huge crowberry patch, walked through it, and it took us to the beach. We went down a hill and hiked back to camp via the beach. We saw no wildlife, but we saw signs of them. Right at the foot of the steps leading from the beach to Camp, there were some awesome wolf prints. Wonder if this was Fannie's white wolf? -- Since I had waders on, I wanted to be in the Bay for a bit, which was fun until a wave came along and got me good. It almost went into my boots, but I'm still high 'n dry!

No comments:

Post a Comment