A Great Trip Needs An Extraordinary Destination ...Hallo Bay? ABSOLUTELY

Sunday, May 24, 2009

Sunday morning...


Rain, rain, and more rain is what's up this morning, but it is a lovely day. Its not too cold and not too windy, weather's just a little tempermental, that's all. Fannie and I (Morty) have been cleaning the floors, and are now spending some time near the fire. I mentioned yesterday that I my goal was to find some nettles, and I had a wonderful time gathering them. I even managed not to get "burned" by them. I brought them in, washed them, steamed them, and made the recipe Clint sent for Nettle Quiche. It was really good! I didn't have all the ingredients out here in the wilderness, but I improvised and had a marvelous meal from it. It really is very tasty, and it's like using spinach that has a slightly sharper taste to it - I like it better than spinach. You'll have to come visit and taste my Nettle Quiche!

No comments:

Post a Comment