A Great Trip Needs An Extraordinary Destination ...Hallo Bay? ABSOLUTELY

Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Bird: Golden Crowned Sparrow

For weeks now we've been talking about the lil' 3-note songbird that keeps company at Camp. Today Morty got a pic, here's her story: I have been trying for several weeks now to get a photo of our favorite bird here at camp,the Golden Crowned Sparrow. Yesterday I heard him singing right outside the back galley door, so I grabbed my camera and went GCS hunting. I craned my neck and looked for him but couldn't see him. I kept hearing him and knew he was right there! But where?! Finally I saw him! But he was great at staying behind the twigs and leaves of the trees. He likes to perch way on the tip of the topmost branch and just sing his heart out. He twitted (is that a word?) from tree to tree and I followed. I finally gave up, and went inside to finish up my duties, feeling sad that I didn't get a good picture of him. Then after dinner when the work was done, Fannie spied him out in front of the galley. I grabbed my camera again and stalked him once more. This hunt was much more successful, and I got a couple photos of him, although I did have to follow him from tree to tree. Our sparrow is one busy bird!

1 comment:

  1. So this is the little 3-note wonder! cute

    ReplyDelete