A Great Trip Needs An Extraordinary Destination ...Hallo Bay? ABSOLUTELY

Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Morty's Camp Diary: June 2009


Yesterday when I finished mopping the galley floor, I went out back to empty my mop bucket and who do you think I saw? It was my friend the Golden Crowned Sparrow! I had been trying to get a photo of him for most of a month. I finally got a picture of him but he led me on a merry chase! And now when I don't have my camera with me, only my mop and bucket, he dances about in front of me, just as friendly and unafraid as can be. I stopped and stared at him. I also scolded him a bit for teasing me like that! I think he knew very well that when my hands are otherwise occupied he has no fear of getting shot with a camera. He's also not the only sparrow at camp anymore. I was hearing at least 2 this afternoon. Perhaps he's finally found his mate! I like to think so, anyway.

Morty's Peach Pie! Thank you:
Bill & Nancy Coughlin © Hallo Bay Camp
062909 Mortys peach pie full pic

4 comments:

  1. Hey Morty, fine lookin' pie ya got there!
    KC

    ReplyDelete
  2. yummmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm your pie looks really tasty

    mark ca

    ReplyDelete
  3. Morty and Fannie both baked the wedding cake for our guests, Philippe and Martine from France, when they renewed their vows last month, in the meadow beside Camp. Our cooks do a wonderful job and we really appreciate them!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks everyone! ~she takes a bow~

    ReplyDelete